UA-8412995-1 The Southport Globe: Early-morning fire quickly extinguished at S&S Dugout

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Early-morning fire quickly extinguished at S&S Dugout

Residents living above the S&S Dugout restaurant in the Southport section of town were able to escape an early-morning fire Wednesday thanks to a phone call alerting firefighters and the building's fire alarm. The structure at 3449 Post Road dates back to 1924, and the fire -- reported about 5 a.m. -- was contained to the restaurant's kitchen and quickly brought under control.
Four residents were evacuated from the second-floor living area and briefly displaced. But they were able to return to their single-room apartments after smoke was ventilated from the second floor. None of the building residents suffered any injuries. The restaurant was temporarily closed for cleaning and restoration, though the owner hoped to reopen later in the day after inspections by the Health Department and Fire Marshal. READ MORE: http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.com/news/article/Early-morning-fire-quickly-extinguished-at-S-S-4255996.php

No comments: