UA-8412995-1 The Southport Globe: Main Street Southport circa 1915

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Main Street Southport circa 1915

(click on image to enlarge)
Main Street circa 1915
Southport, Connecticut
Description: Written on reverse of old print, "Oct 28/15. R E Jr." The date seems likely. Electric light poles were put on Main St in 1913 (Ffld Review 21 May 1913). The identity of "R E Jr" is not known. Visible in the picture on the left, going south on Main St: 1. 219 Main, J H Bonney Harness Shop and Muser Barber Shop; 2. Southport Trust Co, 227 Main (columns); 3. building with projecting 2nd story verandah, 251 Main, Jennings Market. Visible at the foot of the street, left to right: Chas Jennings & Son store and warehouse; the drugstore. Visible on the right hand side of Main, going down Main: 1. Southport Savings Bank; 2. Banks Brick Block 244 Main; 3. Hall Block, 252 Main.
Creator: V. Louise Higgins
Publisher: Pequot Library Association
Date: circa 1915
Format: Photograph
REFERENCE URL: http://pequotlibrary.cdmhost.com/cdm/singleitem/collection/p1038coll5/id/452/rec/65

No comments: