UA-8412995-1 The Southport Globe: 4 displaced by Warner Hill fire; 2 evaluated at hospital

Monday, December 19, 2011

4 displaced by Warner Hill fire; 2 evaluated at hospital

A blaze that erupted at a Warner Hill Road house Sunday night left four adults out in the cold, and sent one of the occupants and a firefighter to the hospital for evaluation.
A fireball was billowing from the front of the home's garage area when firefighters arrive shortly before 9 p.m., according to Assistant Fire Chief Scott Bisson.
The sub-freezing temperatures made battling the fire challenging, creating icy conditions for fire crews and freezing hose lines.
"All four adult occupants of the house got out safely, but they had some smoke inhalation issues, and the EMTs checked them all out," Bisson said.
The house, which was rendered uninhabitable, suffered severe smoke and heat damage throughout, but Bisson said the flames were confined to the garage and breezeway area.
"While there is extensive smoke and heat damage inside the home, fire crews did an excellent job in confining the fire to the garage and breezeway portions of the structure," he said. The family's three dogs were also evacuated safely.
READ MORE: http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.com/news/article/4-displaced-by-Warner-Hill-fire-2-evaluated-at-2411730.php

No comments: