UA-8412995-1 The Southport Globe: White's Rock circa 1913

Sunday, January 5, 2014

White's Rock circa 1913

(click on image to enlarge)
White's Rock, Harbor Road
Southport, Connecticut
Description: Newvochrome NY (tinted) post card, Printed in Germany. No. E6417.
Published by Luin B Switzer, Southport, Conn. Printed on front: "Whites Rocks, Southport, Conn. Copyright Luin B Switzer, Southport, Conn." The rocky point was named for Capt White aka Wyght, whose ship foundered here. Fairfielders voted that "the rock be given to Capt Wyght. December 26, 1794." This is now the site of a town dock, "Ye Yacht Yard." The house in the center background is Set-A-Spell. (See photo #150). See the Packet July 1991, Vol 5 #3, issue devoted to White's Rock.
Creator: V. Louise Higgins
Publisher: Pequot Library Association
Date: c 1913?
Format: Photograph

No comments: