(click on image to enlarge)
Written on reverse: "Original town pump." This was the scene on Harbor Road at the foot of Main Street, looking west, where the DAR fountain is now (see photo #104). The town pump was installed in 1874 and replaced in 1886 by a signpost. Buildings in picture, left to right: portion of Chas Jennings store; Chas Jennings warehouse; drugstore; Lot Bulkley/ L F Sherwood store. In the distance is the store which became the BCMMR Club (now #789 Harbor Rd).
Creator: V. Louise Higgins
Publisher: Pequot Library Association
Date: bet. 1874 and 1886