UA-8412995-1 The Southport Globe: Sloop Aground Near B.C. & M.M.R. 1930's

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Sloop Aground Near B.C. & M.M.R. 1930's

(click on image to enlarge)
Sloop Aground
Southport, Connecticut
The building in the left foreground is the old B.C. & M.M.R. Club. In the middle ground is the land given in 1957 by Hoyt O. Perry Sr. to the town (Perry Green). In the background right is the Pequot Yacht Club, the old Jelliff building remodelled in the late 1920's. The sloop is "tethered" on what had been the Meeker docks, now the site of 825 Harbor Road.
Creator: V. Louise Higgins
Publisher: Pequot Library Association
Date: 1930's
Format: Photograph

No comments: