UA-8412995-1 The Southport Globe: Horse Shoe Restaurant 1947

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Horse Shoe Restaurant 1947

(click on image to enlarge)
Horse Shoe Restaurant
Southport, Connecticut
Photographer: John Daley. This shows the "original Horse Shoe Restaurant on demolition day 1947. The building was built as a blacksmith shop c 1920 by Edward Russell. It was renovated in 1933 as Russell's Horse Shoe Tavern; in 1934 it was made into a restaurant.... The building was taken down by hand in one day by John, Tom and Tony Zygmont, members of the fire dept. (Note fire truck in the background.) The Horse Shoe Restaurant was rebuilt in 1948." This picture was found in the John Daley Scrapbook. Creator: V. Louise Higgins
Publisher: Pequot Library Association
Date: 1947
Format: Photograph

No comments: