UA-8412995-1 The Southport Globe: Wakeman Memorial 648 Harbor Road sideview

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Wakeman Memorial 648 Harbor Road sideview

(click on image to enlarge)
Wakeman Memorial, 648 Harbor Road Southport circa 1915
Written on reverse: "Nov 4/15" The 1915 date has not been corroborated but does square with other known data. See comments with #263. The flat roof section to the rear of the building was the gymnasium section. The house in the background is 608 Harbor Road, Jeremiah Sturges house. The brick building to the left is #227 Main Street, then the Southport Trust Co. The wooden structure in the background right is a warehouse on the riverfront. (The other end of the laundry line visible is connected to the second floor of a building to the right, hidden from view, where there were apartments; the hidden building is now the Jr PYC.
 REFERENCE URL: http://pequotlibrary.cdmhost.com/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/p1038coll5&CISOPTR=298&CISOBOX=1&REC=2

Notice Sasco Hill at the right in the photo.

No comments: